miercuri, 13 mai 2015

Magazine Front CoverTemplates




Before I proceed into putting together my final front cover for the magazine, I had to construct some preliminary templates. I have created them through using Adobe Photoshop as I though this would help me improve my Photoshop skills for the final task . After I have finished these templates I have shown them to people asking their simple opinion as to what they like, dislike and what they believe could be improved. 


MAGAZINE TEMPLATE 1 

This template was not particularly liked by my audience due to the fact that as many said 'it's too simple.'
Many people thought the it was 'poorly done' and it did not convey much narrative on its own without the title.
They also believed the background was too plain.
They did like the idea of a person holding the camera, but they thought the way in which this was one did not make them recognize what the image was instantly.
However, what they particularly seemed to like about this specific poster was the arched typography.






MAGAZINE TEMPLATE 2 

The second template seemed to be liked more by the respondents.
They seemed to like the way in which the knife seems to stab the camera.
However once again their comments on the background were not very positive, describing it as 'very poor,' and 'extremely unprofessional.'

 What they also disliked was the'plain' typography as it did not fit in with the whole 'over the top,' template.






MAGAZINE TEMPLATE 3

Out of all the templates this was the one which gained the most positive responses. Although,they disliked the actual background, once again, the liked the way in which the camera was turned into a cartoon, and the overall red colour scheme of the cover.
They also liked the way in which the background did however appear in the camera, conveying that the girl was being followed by the killer. The understood that the hands were the hands of the murderer as they were red.










Overall I believe I have gained an understanding of what the audience expects from my front cover and I believe I should avoid poorly done backgrounds, but I should include arched typography and a image which is clear and conveys the narrative to some extent. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu